If you’re on this page, chances are you have made the most important decision of your life, receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. If you’re anything like Jonnathan was, once he received Jesus as Lord and Savior, he had no idea where to go, who to talk to, and what to believe.
Being saved is only the beginning of your journey with God. Below are seven truths which Jonnathan documented in his book, Buddhists, Mormons & Jesus:
- You are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 5:1-2, Psalm 8:3-8)
- You are created to demolish the works of the enemy. (1 John 3:8, Romans 16:20, Luke 10:19)
- You are created to do all that Christ demonstrated and even greater things. (John 14:12, Acts 1:1-2)
- God’s thoughts about you are always of peace. (Psalm 139:16-18)
- God has a plan for your future and it is one that is full of hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Peter 2:9, Ephesians 2:10)
- The moment you say or said yes to God, you become a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 2:20, Colossians 3:10-11)
- You were not just bought at a high price, your life was paid for with the highest price: the Blood and the Life of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (John 3:16, 1 Peter 1:18-19, Romans 5:8)
You are a new creation. Your past is gone and a new life has just begun. It’s vital that you never forget where Jesus saved you from, for your past is now part of your journey into the loving arms of our loving Heavenly Father.
Yes! You are now washed clean, white as snow. The blood which Jesus shed on His journey to the cross, and the life which He laid down for you, was all done so with one person in mind, you! Salvation is personal. The path to salvation was paved by Jesus Christ with the whole world etched on His heart and our decision to receive salvation was a choice we conscientiously made to receive His gift. You are now reconciled to God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and you are forever reconnected to your Heavenly Father through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.